Have a look at how we might be able to help you
Would you like a Children's Ministry Training Event in your Church?
It is easy for you to set up a children's ministry training seminar. You provide the venue, some refreshments and get your team together on the day. You might choose to advertise the seminar amongst other churches to get a bigger crowd. David will come and provide the training which can be done on Saturday, or Sunday (after church), or mid week.
Most groups choose between 3 and 5 of a list of subjects we provide, to make up either a full day or half day seminar. Evening sessions are just two subjects. Notes are provided and we can an email flyer to help you promote the seminar.
Usually we charge per delegate to cover our costs but we are also happy to come on a ministry gift basis. We will do anything to make this work for you.
Here are just some of the subjects you can choose from:
a. PASTORAL CARE AND CONNECTING WITH CHILDREN SUBJECTS
- Pastoral Care of Children
- Active Listening
- Child Development: Faith Development
- Child Development Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
- Counselling: Helping children in grief
- Counselling: Introduction to counselling children
- Counselling: Working with children who have ADD or ADHD
- Counselling: Strategies to Help Children Deal With Anger
- Counselling: Helping children and young people (or any age) make good choices using the POOCH method.
- Working with special needs children
- Leading children to salvation.
- Follow up: Leading children from Salvation to Discipleship.
- Praying for Children to be Filled with the Holy Spirit
- Self Esteem – Building children’s sense of self worth
- Theology of Children
- Transitioning Children from Children’s Ministry to Adult Church
- Connecting with Boys
b. LEGAL AND ETHICAL SUBJECTS
- Safety and Protection Protocol - Duty of Care in Children’s Ministry
c. PROGRAMMING, TEACHING AND CURRICULUM SUBJECTS
- Teaching With Object Lessons
- Teaching With Stories Part 1: Story Telling
- Teaching With Stories Part 2: Re-Writing AWESOME Bible Stories
- Class-room control
- How to get the best out of your curriculum
- Discovery Teaching
- Running a Children’s Camp
- Holiday and After School Outreaches.
- How to be an AWESOME teacher
d. Special Four Hour Seminars
- Kids Keep Safe presentation of the Kids Keep Safe program to be taken into primary schools.
- From Shame to Honour: A life changing ministry seminar to assist adults who suffer from childhood trauma and abuse. This consists of teaching and ministry time.
Would you like David to preach?
David Goodwin speaks at conferences, seminars and churches all over the world. No matter how large or small your congregation is, he would be very happy to come to your church to speak.
Some of his specialties are:
- Inspiring your church to think more about your kids ministry.
- Family services
- Healing from emotional hurts.
Would you like to host a 'Lost in Transition Seminar'?
To host the seminar, you provide the venue, some refreshments and get your team together on the day. You also need to be willing to advertise the seminar amongst other churches in your town. It can be done midweek or on the weekend. Get in touch with us so we can talk.